Planning a wedding can be a very exciting time. From choosing a beautiful venue to working with a caterer, there are many ducks to put in a row before you say, “I do.” When it comes to your wedding food, there are many different routes to go. While some brides opt for an all-you-can-eat buffet, others prefer hosting a sit-down meal equipped with tiny salad forks and all. If you’re looking for small snacks to serve to your guests during cocktail hour or after the ceremony, you may want to consider hiring a catering company to assist you with finger foods. The benefit to finger foods is that there is no need for forks or spoons, as your guests will easily be able to pick up snacks as they socialize and move about with the other guests. In this blog, we’ll look at some fun finger foods to consider for your wedding.
If you live in Philadelphia and you’re looking for a catering company to help you with your wedding planning and catering needs, contact DiAntonio’s Catering today. We offer a variety of catering services including breakfast, lunch, special event, and wedding catering, and we would be more than happy to help you plan your big day.
Finger Foods For Your Wedding
Fingers foods have become a popular catering item among brides and grooms across Philadelphia. With the large variety of finger foods to choose from, you may find yourself wondering what kinds of foods you should serve at your wedding. From succulent dishes to savory treats, there are several culinary routes for your wedding food. Some popular finger foods include:
- Individual desserts like cream puffs, fruit tarts, and cookies.
- Wedding cupcakes can be a great alternative to a traditional wedding cake.
- A fine selection of sliced breads, rolls, and breadsticks.
- Fondue stations or chocolate fountains for dipping fruit, cookies, and more.
- Chicken wings with hot buffalo glaze or barbecue sauce.
- Popcorn shrimp or chicken.
- An assorted fruit tray with chocolate or whipped toppings.
- Tiny meatballs with assorted sauces.
- Tea sandwiches like cucumber or chicken salad.
When it comes to choosing the finger foods for your wedding, you want to consider the varied tastes of your guests. One way to do this is to provide a wide variety of finger foods, so everyone can find something to enjoy. Offering both classic and comfort foods is a great way to mix up traditional cuisine with some new dishes as well.
Sample Themed Wedding Menus
Your wedding menu should feature a variety of dishes that complement each other, and a finger food reception is no exception. Many brides and grooms choose to theme their wedding menu so they can offer finger foods around a particular cuisine or culture. Some popular themed weddings menus include:
- A Hawaiian Buffet – If you plan on having your wedding on the beach or by the water, a Hawaiian theme may be a great option for you. Adorn your menu with tropical flavors, including mango and pineapple or serve grilled veggie kabobs on skewers.
- Backyard BBQ – If you’re planning a casual wedding reception, nothing beats the down-home taste of barbecue favorites. You can serve mini hotdogs on a stick or you can create beef brisket sliders to pass around during cocktail hour.
- Pasta – If you want to serve the ultimate comfort food at your wedding, it may be wise to serve a pasta dish. You can break large noodles into smaller pieces and throw them in small serving cups for a quick snack before the reception.
In part two of this series, we’ll discuss some more popular finger foods worth looking into for your wedding. If you live in Philadelphia and you’re looking for an experienced catering company for your wedding, contact DiAntonio’s Catering today!